The plant passport is required by law for all plants as of 14 December 2019. From that date onwards, the plant passport will be mandatory for plants sold separately at plant level from pot size 19 and upwards and at least at tray level for all other pot sizes.
A new enforcement date from pot size 10 is expected shortly (from mid-June).
The plant passport ensures that the identity and origin of plants and plant material is known. This is important to prevent outbreaks and possible spread of harmful diseases and pests, to enable rapid tracing and to eliminate the outbreak at source as soon as possible.
Everybody who trades in plant material is obliged to apply for a phytosanitary registration number. Registration is necessary in order to obtain this phytosanitary registration number. Registration of your company is simple and easy. Growers are referred to the Naktuinbouw/BKD website and traders and retailers to the KCB website. Companies must also be authorised by the aforementioned authorities to issue plant passports.
What have we already done?
- You can use Floriday as a PPP generator
- You can specify the version (trolley/tray/plant level) in the delivery conditions
- Via API, Floriday is making PPP data available to buyers via both Clock and Direct
- Keys are in EKT, DESADV messages which makes plant passport data easily retrievable
- The traceability code can be generated in Floriday
- *Traceability code can be looked up by the grower
- Status from 11-6-2020: The PPP was present at the right level in 99.93% of the plant suppliers
- In some groups we see a very low percentage, such as Azalea and Cactus/Succulent (about 40%). If these groups are not included, the percentage is around 90%.
What else are we going to do?
- From 1 July 2020 (that's the current expectation) plant passport at plant level from pot size 10 onwards
- Communication on practical aspects of the Plant Passport
- Start new enforcement date
If you would like to know more,
Visit the webpage about the Plant Passport where, you will find, for instance, answers to frequently asked questions.